Tuesday, May 19, 2015
To learn more about the practice of law and the realities of the different fields of law, informational interviews with practitioners are of great help. The Girls Guide to Law School suggest these questions for students to ask :
- How did you end up working in this field?
- What do you do at your job on an average day?
- How do you like your work? What do you like about it? What do you dislike about it?
- How does your day-to-day work differ from what you thought you’d be doing when you chose this field?
- What skills are required to be good at your job?
- Would you recommend your field to someone like me who’s considering it? What do you think are the good aspects? The bad aspects?
- What sort of person do you think excels in this field?
- If I’m interested in entering this field, what steps should I take?
- Is there anything else you think I should know that I haven’t asked about?
- Is there anyone else you think I should talk to in order to find out more about this field?
You can read more here.