Wednesday, May 13, 2015
American Bar Association
Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
Climate Change, Sustainable Development and Ecosystems Committee
Call for Articles for Sustainability Newsletter
The ABA SEER Climate Change, Sustainable Development, and Ecosystems Committee (CCSDE) is soliciting proposals for articles for publication this Summer/Fall dedicated to a wide variety of sustainability issues. To kick things off, the following is a list of potential topics that we think would be appropriate for this issue, but of course, feel free to propose other topics if you think they would fit:
- Sustainability "as-applied"
- Sustainability hot topics, including: international law, sustainable development goals, post 2015 developments at the UN
- ABA sustainability task force (status update and commentary on final report)
- Sustainability and the practice of law
- Sustainability issues in the corporate setting
- Innovations in public/private partnerships in the area of sustainability
- State/Municipal sustainability initiatives
As always, authors are encouraged to contact the editors to discuss topic ideas for articles before drafting.
Article proposals should include a working title and a paragraph summary. Final submissions should include a title and appropriate Blue Book format citations without footnotes. Articles should be between 1,000 - 3,000 words in length, although the length of articles may vary. With early submission and approval, articles may exceed 3,000 words. If you are interested in writing an article, please submit your article topic to me at email@example.com and my co-vice chairs, Vic Baltera at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Bill Smalling email@example.com.
The schedule for submissions is as follows:
Due date for article proposals: June 1
Initial deadline for article submissions: July 15
Anticipated publication date: August/September