Friday, May 7, 2021
Ariana Levinson (Louisville) sends word of this international and interdisciplinary webinar on labor rights and geospatial data that will be taking place on June 1 at 11 a.m.- 1:30 p.m. EST. The webinar is being sponsored by the American Association of Geographers as part of its GeoEthics series.
The panelists will be:
- Jenny Chan (China Research and Development Network, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University) will discuss Independent Contractors in China’s Last-Mile Delivery (Buy with 1-Click).
- Christina Jayne Colclough (Why Not Lab) will discuss Why Workers Need Much Stronger Collective Data Rights (In Defense of the Right to be Human).
- Dragana Kaurin (Localization Lab) will discuss the Use of Geospatial Data in Workplace Immigration Raids (Tracking People and Movement).
- Ariana Levinson (University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law) will discuss Workers’ Rights, Legislation, and Creative Litigation.
- The webinar will be co-moderated by Richard P. Appelbaum (University of California, Santa Barbara) and William A. Herbert (Hunter College, City University of New York.