Thursday, January 14, 2010
This week, NPR has been running an interesting series on issues related to diversity in the workplace. Topics so far include:
- Should "The Office" Be Used in HR Training?
- 'Mad Men' Haven't Changed Much Since The 1960s
- Gay In The Office: The Last Frontier Of Workplace Equality
- Defining Diversity: Beyond Race And Gender
- In-House Resource Groups Can Help And Harm
- Introspection After Allegations Of Discrimination
- Diversity Efforts Uneven In U.S. Companies
- The Promise Of Diversity Is Yet To Be Fulfilled
I like NPR's programming generally because I think the producers take their time to explore an issue from more angles than many other news organizations, and this series has been no exception.