Tuesday, February 10, 2009
LLG/U.C.-Hastings Conference on the Proposed Restatement of Employment Law: Participants and Reports
Comments to my previous post, which I updated last night, recommended that I make available the participants in the Labor Law Group / U.C. Hastings Conference on the Proposed Restatement of Employment Law as well as the reports issues at that conference. The reports are still in draft form, but here are the participants:
- Ken Dau-Schmidt (Indiana-Bloomington): How Did We Get Here? What Are We Trying to Do?
- Chapter 1—The Definition of Employee. Comments by the Working Committee on Chapter 1: Dennis Nolan (South Carolina), Joseph Slater (Toledo), Theodore St. Antoine (Michigan), Alvin Goldman (Kentucky); response by Alan Hyde (Rutgers - Newark).
- Chapter 2—Employment Contracts Termination. Comments by the Working Committee on Chapter 2: Matt Finkin (Illinois), Lea VanderVelde (Iowa), William R. Corbett (LSU), Steve Befort (Minnesota); response by Rachel Arnow-Richman (Denver).
- [A draft of Chapter 3 has not yet been released by ALI.]
- Chapter 4—The Tort of Wrongful Discipline in Violation of Public Policy. Comments by the Working Committee on Chapter 4: Joseph Grodin (California-Hastings), Paul Secunda (Marquette), Pauline Kim (Washington U. St Louis), Catherine Fisk (UC--Irvine), Roberto Corrada (Denver), Rick Bales (N. Kentucky); response by Marley Weiss (Maryland).