Tuesday, July 18, 2023
The Association of American Law Schools (AALS) Section on International Law invites nominations for its New Scholar Award to recognize excellence in scholarship by newer faculty members at AALS member and affiliate schools.
Nomination and Eligibility
- Email nominated articles as attachments to the chair of the International Law section (Jason Palmer at Stetson University) no later than September 1, 2023, at 11:59pm Eastern Time. Self-nominations are welcomed and encouraged.
- Articles should be in the area of international law, broadly defined, that were published between September 1, 2022 – August 31, 2023.
- The author of a nominated article should be a full-time faculty member (including untenured faculty, VAPs, clinical faculty, and long-term contract faculty) with less than 7 years of teaching and scholarship experience. Coauthored articles are eligible only if all authors meet the eligibility criteria described above.
- Articles will be reviewed by an awards selection committee made of up at least three members of the executive committee.
- From the articles nominated, the award selection committee will chose one article for the Section of International Law New Scholar Award.
Announcement of Award
- The chair will announce the award at the AALS Annual Meeting in Washington, DC in January 2024 during the Section's Awards Ceremony.
Hat tip to Jason Palmer