Sunday, April 10, 2022
University of Cebu (Philippines) Wins 2022 Stetson International Environmental Moot Court Competition; Rare Final Round Pairing of The Philippines Versus The Philippines
Two law schools from the Philippines faced each other in the Final Round of the 2022 Stetson International Environmental Moot Court Competition, held in person this past week at Stetson University College of Law in Gulfport, Florida.
The Stetson International Environmental Competition was founded 26 years ago by Stetson Professor Royal Gardner, who is pictured here with the winning team.
This year's problem involved in part the adequacy of an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for the construction of a hotel complex near a turtle nesting site. Pictured here with teams and final bench judges is also one of the sea turtles that would be affected by the construction of the hotel.
Here is the final breakdown:
- Philippines: University of Cebu School of Law
- Philippines: University of the Philippines College of Law
- Ireland: Law Society of Ireland
- Singapore: Singapore Management University
- Brazil: Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie
- Canada: St. Thomas University
- Kenya: University of Nairobi
- United States: University of Illinois Chicago School of Law