Sunday, January 25, 2015
The American Bar Association Section of International Law will present the fifth annual "Live from L" program, a unique opportunity for international lawyers and students of international law to hear directly from the Office of the Legal Adviser of the U.S. Department of State. The program will be held on Thursday, February 12th, 2015 from 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM US Eastern Standard Time.
The focus of the program will be on "The Role of the Law in the Fight Against ISIL: Use of Force, Sanctions, and Foreign Terrorist Fighters"
The webcast with the Office of the Legal Adviser will be held at the Jacob Burns Moot Courtroom of the George Washington University Law School in Washington, D.C. The event with the ABA Section of Internaitonal Law is also cosponsored by the American Society of International Law, the George Washington University Law School, and the Women's Bar Assoication of the District of Columbia
- Mary E. McLeod, Acting Legal Adviser, U.S. Department of State
- Joshua L. Dorosin, Assistant Legal Adviser, Office of Political-Military Affairs
- David M. DeBartolo, Attorney Adviser, Office of United Nations Affairs
- Michael J. Gilles, Attorney Adviser, Office of Economic and Business Affairs
- Samuel W. McDonald, Attorney Adviser, Office of Law Enforcement and Intelligence
- Susan L. Karamanian, Associate Dean for International and Comparative Legal Studies, George Washington University Law School
You can attend the program in person at George Washington University Law School or from anywhere by webcast or by teleconference. Click here for registration information.