Friday, May 30, 2014
Global Legal Skills Conference in Verona Italy Concludes; Next GLS Conference Will Be Held in Chicago
The ninth Global Legal Skills Conference had more than 180 participants from over 20 countries around the world. The conference was held at the University of Verona Faculty of Law (Italy) and organized by The John Marshall Law School of Chicago.
A number of professional associations were co-sponsors of the GLS Conference, including:
- American Bar Association Section of International Law (ABA-SIL)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Law Society of England and Wales (International Division)
- International Law Students Association (ILSA)
- Scribes—The American Society of Legal Writers
- Teaching International Law Committee of the American Branch of the International Law Association (ABILA)
The next GLS Conference--an important 10th anniversary--will be held in May 2015 in Chicago at The John Marshall Law School, where the conference was founded by Professor Mark E. Wojcik (a co-editor of this blog). The 2015 Conference will be jointly sponsored by The John Marshall Law School and the Facultad Libre de Derecho de Monterrey (Mexico), which was the host of the third and fifth editions of the Global Legal Skills Conference.
The call for papers and presenations will be issued by September 2014. The conference will include sessions on teaching international law as well as incorporating legal skills educaiton into international law classes.
(Photo of Verona by Professor David W. Austin of the California Western School of Law)