Friday, October 21, 2022
To find out which of America’s midsize cities make the best homes for immigrants, Preply analyzed U.S. Census data from over 250 cities.
They ranked cities on 4 key measures based on the opportunities they offer immigrants:
- Foreign-born population size.
- Naturalization rate.
- The unemployment rate of the foreign-born population.
- The median income of the foreign-born population.
- The three most underrated metropolitan areas for immigrants are (1) Honolulu, Hawaii; (2) Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Venture, CA: and (3) Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown, NY.
- Florida boasts five of the top 25 midsize cities for immigrants.
- Portland, Oregon, Austin, Texas, and Stockton, California, are the most promising cities for immigrants over the past decade.
Here is the report.