Saturday, October 22, 2022
Official White House Photo
The Donald Trump saga continues. And there is no end in sight.
Charlie Savage for the New York Times reports that, in a letter to the special master who is overseeing a review of materials seized from the former President's Florida residence. the former President Trump is claiming that nine documents seized by the Federal Bureau of Investigation are his personal property. The Justice Department counters that they are official records that must go into the National Archives,
And, yes, some of the disputed documents involve the administration's immigration policies:
"The letter . . . .describes disputes over ownership and executive privilege claims involving a batch of 15 records that have undergone early review. It likely foreshadows larger fights to come over the main bulk of roughly 13,000 documents and other materials F.B.I. agents took from Mar-a-Lago . . . in August.
The letter said that Mr. Trump is also claiming that four of the 15 documents should be withheld from investigators under executive privilege. They include the two immigration policy documents, which Mr. Trump’s team said were predecisional materials, and two documents about meetings he was to approve and certain questions he had been asked." (bold added).
I, for one, look forward to seeing the documents. One can only imagine . . . .