Tuesday, September 27, 2022
Conferrence (UC Davis): Lessons Learned and Ways Forward for the Economics and Politics of Refugee Integration
Symposium: "Lessons learned and ways forward for the economics and politics of refugee integration"
October 14, 2022, School of Law, UC Davis
Jointly sponsored by
- Economic Assimilation Research Network (Innovation Fund Denmark),
- UC Davis Global Migration Center
- UC Davis Aoki Center for Critical Race and Nation Studies
Academic Organizers: Prof. Raquel Aldana, Prof. Mette Foged, Prof. Giovanni Peri.
This workshop brings together the research of world-renowned scholars from economics, politics and law to understand the complex issues related to the integration, policies and politics relative to refugees in the world.
- In the morning session, economists will present the results of evaluations of policies on the economic success of refugees and their children and a panel will discuss what we have learned from recent research and policy experience;
- In the afternoon session, in a comparative approach that considers refugees in the US, at the US-Mexico Border and other refugees crisis in Latin America political scientists and law scholars will analyze aspects related to different legal and political responses of receiving countries to refugees inflow.
- Click here for the conference agenda.