Sunday, December 19, 2021
Registration for the AALS conference is up and running BUT IT CLOSES ON Wednesday DECEMBER 22.
This year's conference features a number of exciting panels on immigration:
- Wednesday January 5, 3:10 – 4:25 PM (Eastern): The Crisis of Afghanistan
- Thursday January 6, 3:10 – 4:25 PM (Eastern): Law Students and Faculty Rising to the Challenge: Responding to the Afghan Crisis
- Friday, January 7, 2-3 PM (Eastern): Immigration Law social/section business meeting
- Friday, January 7, 3:10-4:25 PM (Eastern): Immigrant Advocacy Inside and Outside Agencies, Courts, and Legislatures
- Friday, January 7, 4:45-6:00 PM (Eastern): New Voices in Immigration Law. This WIP session will focus on papers by Sabrina Balgamwalla (ICE Transfers as a Dimension of Immigration Detention) and Faiza W. Sayed (Secret Law at the Board of Immigration Appeals). Papers will be distributed ahead of time to readers -- just contact me about it.
- Saturday, January 8, 3:10-4:25 PM (Eastern): Immigration, Equality, and Security: The Biden Administration’s First Year and Beyond. This is our section's plenary session and will feature discussion with the Director of USCIS Ur M. Jaddou (!!!!!) and Amanda Frost (American WCL), moderated by Lucas Guttentag (Stanford). Woot. Woot.