Thursday, January 14, 2021
On Tuesday, incoming-VP Kamala Harris spoke with Univision about the new administration's stance on immigration. You can watch the video in full, it's just over 3 minutes long. Only the first two deal with immigration.
Here are some takeaways: she and Biden have an immigration plan that is their "first order of business." It will, according to Harris:
- create a "pathway for people to earn citizenship" that would take 8 years
- expand protections for DREAMers and DACA recipients
- offer a "smarter and more humane way" of approaching immigration
- "put more [immigration] judges" on the border
- "make sure the process runs more smoothly"
- "get rid of the backlog"
- allow people who have "temporary protection status, in particular DREAMERs and TPS holders to automatically get Green Cards"