Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Yesterday was all about finding the best online gifts for the holiday season. Today is about feeling guilty about that cash you spent over the last four days and realizing you should counterbalance it all with some charitable donations! Welcome to Giving Tuesday.
There are a LOT of wonderful immigration-related 501(3)(c) organizations that you might consider donating to today. Here are just a few:
- The Safe Passage Project is all about representing children in immigration proceedings.
- Muslim Advocates have been working against Trump's travel bans.
- Educators for Fair Consideration works on "empowering undocumented young people to achieve educational and career goals."
- The Florence Project provides free legal services to men, women, and unaccompanied children in immigration custody in Arizona
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center promotes and defends immigrant rights.
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project provides direct services to immigrants.
Have more ideas? Post them in the comments.
Also - don't forget the 501(c)(3) closest to you. I'm sure your home institution as well as your alma mater would appreciate a donation today.