Tuesday, October 17, 2017
New Immigration Casebook: Immigration and Social Justice by Bill Ong Hing, Jennifer Chacón, and Kevin R. Johnson
A wonderful surprise came in the mail today. My first copies of a new immigration casebook!
- Background on the social context of immigration law and its enforcement while engaged in a sophisticated examination of the technicalities of the relevant statutory and administrative law.
- Learning the relevant law with an eye toward potential advocacy, including litigation strategies.
- Allowing students to critically evaluate the mutually constitutive work of race and immigration law.
- Having contextual background to understand immigration and immigration enforcement.
- A unique focus on immigration and social justice, as well as public interest immigration lawyering.