Tuesday, June 27, 2017
It is official, the California state budget has been signed by Governor Brown with the $45 million for an expanded One California program that includes the below services:
- Education and outreach regarding immigrant rights and available relief from deportation
- Application assistance for naturalization, DACA, and other affirmative relief from deportation
- Legal representation for Californians facing deportation proceedings, including detained immigrants
- Legal services for deported veterans
- Legal training and technical assistance to build capacity for the provision of qualified legal services in underserved communities, to enhance the quality of legal representation for noncitizen clients, and to continue providing critical immigration expertise for legal service providers across California
The expanded program details are in SB 89.