Tuesday, April 5, 2022
The world is witnessing the fastest-growing refugee crisis in Europe since WW II as millions of refugees are streaming from Ukraine into neighboring countries. These refugees are crossing into Poland, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia, Moldova, and Romania. Soon other countries, including the U.S., will be receiving these refugees.
This webinar will deal with these issues as well as resettlement and many other issues associated with this tragic migration. Most of us have witnessed the painful faces of these women and children on the news. The numbers may be great but each person has an individual story that began with a normal life before the invasion by Russia. These people of Ukraine are demonstrating tremendous courage and we should not lose sight of this. In this webinar, you will hear from leading voices who know of this crisis and will share with you their perspective. This is a fluid situation that is changing daily. However, the ABA Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice's Rights of Immigrants Committee felt that the urgent situation in Ukraine demanded that they bring you this Webinar as quickly as they could.
- Reginald M. Turner, Jr. – President, American Bar Association
- Alesya Pavlynska – Counsel, Arzinger
- Anna Ogrenchuk – President, Ukrainian Bar Association
- Inna Liniova – CEO, Ukrainian Bar Association
- Craig Redmond – Senior Vice-President of Programs, Mercy Corps
- Smita Dazzo – Senior Director, Legal & Asylum, HIAS
- Brian J. Egan – Partner, National Security, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Jill Marie Bussey – Director for Public Policy, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services
- Magdalena Paszkiewicz – Advisor & Media Contact, Polish Foundation Mum in the City of Kielce
- Richard Pena – President and CEO, Law Offices of Richard Pena, P.C.
This ABA Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice Webinar will take place on Thursday, April 7th from 2:00 pm-4:00 pm Eastern Time.
To register for this complimentary event, click here.