Tuesday, June 15, 2021
On Thursday June 17, 2021, from 10:00-11:15 am ET, Disability Rights International (DRI) is hosting a virtual event "Transitional Justice and Disability in the Americas: Accountability for Serious and Pervasive Human Rights Violations". Click here to register.
Speakers for the event include:
- Juan Mendez, former UN Special Rapporteur on Torture
- Juliana Bustamante, Director of PAIIS Colombia
- Alberto Vásquez, President of Sociedad y Discapacidad (SODIS) Peru
- Silvia Quan, President of Colectivo Vida Independiente de Guatemala
- Amalia Gamio, UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Fabian Salvioli, UN Special Rapporteur on the promotion of truth, justice, reparation and guarantees of non-recurrence (invited)
- Eric Rosenthal, Executive Director, DRI
- Priscila Rodríguez, Associate Director, DRI
International Sign, English captioning, and simultaneous English-Spanish translation available.