Thursday, January 7, 2021
Mark your calendars for January 21, 2021 at 2 p.m. eastern for a webinar on Elder Abuse Prevention, Intervention, and Remediation from the National Center on Law and Elder Rights.
Everyone who works with older adults has a role to play in prevention, intervention, and remediation of abuse, neglect, and exploitation. Helping starts with understanding the landscape of elder abuse and the service providers and systems involved in addressing abuse. This legal basics training will provide an overview of the fundamentals of abuse, neglect, and exploitation and the signs and signals of abuse that attendees can reference in their daily lives and work.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the three stages of responses to abuse
- Apply basic definitions of abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- Identify risk factors or signs of abuse, neglect, or exploitation
- Identify the differences between undue influence, exploitation, and fraud
- Describe added risks in a time of COVID-19
To register, click here.