Wednesday, May 27, 2020
It's hard to keep track of the numerous stories on COVID-19 in LTC facilities, reopening LTC facilities, CMS waivers, CMS guidance, shield laws in various states, and more. Although Professor Pearson and I have been blogging about these issues for a few weeks, I wanted to list a few more stories here (without discussing them) just in case you missed any of them.
- Nursing Homes Seek Immunity Amid COVID-19 Crisis, Alarming Advocates
- Nursing Homes to Get $4.9 Billion From HHS to Combat Virus (1) (may require subscription)
- U.S. nursing homes plagued by infection control issues pre-COVID-19: report
- Trump Administration Issues Guidance to Ensure States Have a Plan in Place to Safely Reopen Nursing Homes
- Trump wants nursing homes to test all staff and residents. That may not be possible.
- Toolkit on State Actions to Mitigate COVID-19 Prevalence in Nursing Homes
- Older does not equal expendable. We need to act in a way that protects our elders from coronavirus
- Halted Nursing Home Inspections Draw Ire of Lawmakers, Attorneys\
I have no doubt there are more...and will continue to be more.... so stay tuned.