Thursday, May 3, 2018
21st Annual Elder Law Institute in Pennsylvania, July 19-20, 2018, Open for Registration
Hard to believe, but this summer will mark the 21st annual Elder Law Institute in Pennsylvania. It functions as both a gathering of the clan and an educational update, and I always walk away with new ideas for my own research and writing. On the second day of the event (which runs July 19 and 20), Howard Gleckman will give the keynote address on "Long Term Care in an Age of Disruption." Doesn't that title capture the mood of the country?!
Practical workshops include:
- Using Irrevocable Trusts in Pre-Crisis and Crisis Planning - Ms. Alvear & Ms. Sikov Gross
- Guardianship for Someone Who Is 30/30 on the MMSE (Advanced Mental Health Capacity Issues) - Ms. Hee & Mr. Pfeffer
- Medicaid across State Lines: Pennsylvania vs. New Jersey - Mr. Adler
- Medicaid Annuities in Practice - Mr. Morgan & Mr. Parker
- Business Succession Planning for Elder Law Practices - Ms. Ellis, Mr. Marshall, Mr. Pappas & Ms. Wolfe
- Social Security Disability: What Elder Law Practitioners Need to Know - Mr. Whitelaw
- Drafting Trusts for Beneficiaries with Behavioral Impairments and Mental Health Problems - Mr. Hagan & Dr. Panzer
- Being a Road Warrior Attorney: Staying Organized and in Touch While Out of the Office (ETHICS) - Ms. Ellis
Mark your calendars and join us (Linda Anderson, Kimber Latsha and I are hosting a session on Day 1 about "new" CCRC issues). Registration is here.