Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Justice in Aging (a 40+ year-old organization, until recently known as the National Senior Citizens Law Center) is "seeking a strategic, dynamic attorney" to join their health team in the Washington D.C. office. They are requesting applications by May 1, with a target start date of June 1.
- A J.D.
- At least 7 years of experience working for a consumer, legal, association, or other non-profit in a similar capacity
- Creative thinker with experience developing and implementing new advocacy projects to fill existing and emerging needs in underserved communities
- Capacity to manage multiple projects and people simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to lead, work as part of a team, and build external relationships
- Thorough understanding of both national and state legislative and regulatory processes
- Effective speaking, presentation, and writing skills
For more on the exciting opportunities in this position, see the full "job" posting on Justice in Aging's website.