Monday, January 3, 2011
Attached is the December 2010 issue of Bifocal, Journal of the ABA Commission on Law and Aging. Link to: http://new.abanet.org/aging/PublicDocuments/Dec_10_ABA_Bifocal_J.pdf
- What Is Quality in Elder Care Mediation and Why Should Elder Law Advocates Care? (by Ellie Crosby Lanier) 15
- Why a Client's Status As a Veteran Should Be an Important Component of Your Planning (by Felicia Pasculli) 21
- CLE Webinar: A Closer Look at the Veterans Administration Schedule for Rating Disabilities 21
- Military Service and the Law (CLE DVD/book review by David Godfrey) 23
- Start Planning Now for Law Day 2011!
- Updated Resources on the Uniform Adult Guardianship and Protective Proceedings Jurisdiction Act (by Erica Wood) 25
- Highlights of 9th Annual National Aging and Law Conference (by Jamie Philpotts) 26
- CLE Webinar: What Every Lawyer Needs to Know About Medicare in 2011
- Tues., Jan. 18, 2011, 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. EST (12:00 p.m. Central; 11:00 a.m. Mountain; and 10:00 a.m. Pacific)
- Register Today! Online at: http://www.abanet.org/cle/programs/t11enk1.html
- Special Discount Rate of $75 for Legal Aid and Gov't Lawyers!
The ABA Commission on Law and Aging distributes Bifocal six times a year to elder bar section and committee officers and members, legal services providers, elder law and other private practitioners, judges, court staff, advocates, policymakers, law schools and elder law clinics, law libraries, and other professionals in the law and aging networks.
To subscribe or to submit news or a manuscript for consideration, e-mail Jamie Philpotts at email@example.com. Include the word "SUBSCRIBE" in the subject heading.