Thursday, April 12, 2007
The Canadian Centre for Elder Law Studies has announced a Call for Papers for the Third Annual Canadian Conference on Elder Law, to be held November 9th and 10th, 2007 at the Sheraton Wall Centre, Vancouver, Canada. The overarching theme for the 2007 Conference is: Moving Forward, Moving Beyond.
We invite individual abstracts, as well as abstracts for a full panel or symposium. The abstract deadline is MAY 30th, 2007.
This umbrella conference will also feature various other events including the following:
* Simon Fraser University Ting Forum on Social Justice. This year's streamed forum will focus on Social Justice Responses to Elder Abuse.
* The Third Annual 2007 meeting of the World Study Group on Elder Law (November 8th) - an academic forum for scholarly research and networking.
* The Canadian Federal / Provincial / Territorial Working Group on Seniors' Issues Forum on Elder Abuse (by government invitation only).
* Gala Dinner - with Michael Valpy, Senior Writer, Globe and Mail.
* Distinguished Keynote Address by the Right Honourable Beverley McLachlin, P.C., Chief Justice of Canada.
Submissions for this year's Call for Papers should include a completed Submissions Form detailing 1) the title of the proposed paper, 2) an abstract of up to 250 words, and 3) full contact information including firm or organizational affiliation, email address, as well as the fax/telephone number of the presenter.
Again, the deadline for abstract proposals is May 30, 2007; but early expressions of interest are strongly encouraged.
More information will be posted regularly on our website at www.ccels.ca <http://www.ccels.ca/> or by emailing email@example.com . Submissions should be Journal length (approximately 15 - 40 pages double-spaced) in Word format with 12-point font.