Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Following the success of CLEA's first ever virtual Trivia Night, we are inviting you all to join us for another round of trivia fun. The next Trivia Night will take place on Wednesday, May 19th, at 8pm ET / 5pm PT, via Zoom. We estimate the trivia portion will take approximately one hour, during which you will be able to socialize with your team members and with other teams, and there will be additional time to socialize afterward.
We encourage you all to form teams now. The deadline to sign your team up is May 7, 2021. Team captains: sign up here. Some information about teams and the event:
- Teams may have anywhere from 4-12 members (we recommend 6-10), and team members can be anywhere in the country (or world, really). Each team member will be on Zoom on their own device; no need to meet up in person! During the event, one member from each team will have to input the team's answers using a separate device (a smart phone is great for this). You will be conferring about, and answering, questions as a team, and your team will be competing against a number of other teams (no one person will be put on the spot).
- Teams can include anyone you know. Do you have a group of "conference peeps" you normally meet up with at conferences? Form a team! Looking for a bonding event for your outgoing or incoming clinic students? Form a team! Want to do a social event for clinic faculty at your own school? Form some teams!
- There is no theme for the questions; they could be about anything from 90s pop music to flags of the world to astrophysics. The only rule is that you not cheat by looking up the answers. Use your noodle, not your google!
- The winning team(s) will receive a prize. And this time, to continue the hilarious tradition started by the participants of our first Trivia Night, a special prize will also go to the team that tells the best story of how they met (truthfulness optional).
- The event is free to attend and open to the clinical/experiential community (and your teammates). In lieu of charging for the event, CLEA is accepting donations to help defray event costs here. While we wish we could DoorDash refreshments to all of you, the event sadly will be BYOB.
- Once you have formed a team and decided on a team name, the team captain should sign your team up using this form, no later than May 7, 2021. (Small changes to the makeup of the team will be permitted after that date.)
- If you don't have a team but would like to participate, you may also fill out this form no later than May 7, and we will match you with others looking for a team.
- Closer to the date of the event, team captains will receive a Zoom link for the event, which they can then share with their team members.
We hope to see you there, and don't forget to attend the upcoming CLEA Membership Meeting during the AALS Clinical Conference on April 28 at 10am ET / 7am PT!
The CLEA Board