Friday, August 4, 2023
The AALS Civil Procedure Section is seeking nominations for its inaugural Best Article Award for junior faculty. The deadline for nominations is September 1, 2023. Full announcement below…
Best Article Award – AALS Civil Procedure Section
The Civil Procedure Section of the Association of American Law Schools wishes to recognize excellence in legal scholarship by full-time untenured faculty members at AALS member and affiliate schools.
Nominations and Eligibility:
- Nominations should be directed to the chair of the section ([email protected]) and received no later than September 1, 2023. Self-nominations are welcome.
- Eligible articles are those in the field of Civil Procedure (defined broadly) that were published between May 1, 2022-May 1, 2023.
- Eligible authors are those who, as of May 1, 2023, were untenured full-time faculty members (including VAPs, fellows and junior clinical faculty) at AALS member or affiliate schools.
- Co-written articles are eligible only if all authors meet the eligibility criteria described above.
- The best article will be chosen by an award selection committee made up of at least 4 members of the executive committee.
- From the articles nominated, the award selection committee will select the top three articles: one will be named the best article, and the others will be awarded honorable mentions.
Announcement and Ceremony:
- Following receipt of AALS approval, the chair will announce the award and the runners-up at the section meeting in January 2024.