Friday, March 28, 2008

New Trial Motions after Summary Judgment

Over at the California Blog of Appeal, Greg May asks:

Can you move for a new trial when your case was disposed of by summary judgment?  This question undoubtedly causes some degree of cognitive dissonance in many lawyers: a new trial when there was no trial?

Greg answers, Yes, of course. --RR

| Permalink

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference New Trial Motions after Summary Judgment:


What does the term "new trial" (Civil) mean when filing a motion for a new trial?If filed after granting of a summary judgement is granted. Where does the new trial begin?

Posted by: Carmen | Apr 24, 2008 4:17:20 PM

Post a comment