Thursday, August 17, 2017
The Executive Committee of the AALS Section on Business Associations seeks to recognize Section members who demonstrate exemplary mentoring qualities. We seek nomination letters on behalf of a deserving colleague (please no self-nominations) on or before November 1, 2017, sent to Professor Anne Tucker at [email protected].
Nominations should address personal experience with the mentor, and any additional information illustrative of the nominee’s dedication to mentoring including qualities such as:
- Is eager to discuss others’ early ideas and contributes to the development and improvement of others’ work;
- Promotes and encourages the success of junior scholars by reading and providing meaningful and useful feedback on drafts;
- Promotes a supportive and rigorous environment for conference presentations;
- Speaks frankly, provides useful professional and personal advice when asked;
- Actively participates in a network of scholars;
- Facilitates professional opportunities for junior scholars such as providing introductions to others in the field, and encouraging participation in the scholarly community through writing and speaking;
- Mentors those from underrepresented communities in academics and the study of law;
- Actively/willingly participates in the promotion process for others by advising on tenure process, writing review letters, and providing useful guidance on career advancement.
Who May Nominate: Any member of the Section on Business Associations.
Who is Eligible to Be Nominated: Members of the Section on Business Associations and others are eligible for nomination. Nominees should have 10 years or more of law teaching.
Recognition: The Executive Committee will recognize all nominees at the AALS 2018 Annual Meeting and distribute the list to Section members.
In 2015, the Section recognized the following outstanding mentors:
Egon Guttman, Lynne L. Dallas, Claire Moore Dickerson, Christopher Drahozal, William A ("Bill") Klein, Donald C. Langevoort, Juliet Moringiello, Marleen O'Connor, Charles (Chuck) O'Kelley, Terry O'Neill, Alysa Rollack, Roberta Romano & Gordon Smith