Monday, January 20, 2020
CALL FOR PAPERS Boston University Questrom School of Business Eighth Annual Platform Research Symposium Wednesday, July 15, 2020
CALL FOR PAPERS
Boston University Questrom School of Business
Eighth Annual Platform Research Symposium
Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Submissions Due: March 15, 2020
We will host the Eighth Annual Platform Research Symposium next July 15 in Boston. You are cordially invited to submit an original research paper. Please do not hesitate to forward this invitation to others who are currently working on research related to platforms.
The symposium will be held at the Boston University Questrom School of Business.
Topics of particular interest include:
- How traditional firms compete or play with platforms
- Antitrust & regulation issues raised by platforms
- Strategies for platform launch and growth
- Platform governance, design and architecture
- Internal organization of platform firms
- Transforming products into platforms
- Data and analytics for platforms
- Fake news and platform externalities
- Valuing platforms
Please upload your submissions at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=platstrat2020 by March 15, 2020. Authors will be notified of decisions on or around April 15, 2020.
- In addition to 8-10 regular presentations (roughly 45 minutes each, including discussion), we will also feature 8-10 short presentations (8-9 minutes each, no discussion). The short presentations are best suited for early stage papers or nascent research projects related to platforms.
- The submitting author should be the one who intends to present the paper here in Boston.
We look forward to seeing you in Boston this summer.
Scientific committee: Andrei Hagiu, Geoffrey Parker, Marshall Van Alstyne, Feng Zhu.