Monday, April 24, 2017
Pre-International Competition Network Forum: New Trends in Global Competition Policy , IBA-ICC-World Bank Group Pre-ICN Forum, Porto, May 9 2017
Pre-International Competition Network Forum: New Trends in Global Competition Policy
Join us at the IBA-ICC-World Bank Group Pre-ICN Forum, Porto, May 9 2017
Dear colleagues, we are happy to announce that the World Bank Group together with the International Bar Association and the International Chamber of Commerce will be hosting the 2017 Pre-ICN Forum in Porto on May 9 2017h under the theme “New Trends in Global Competition Policy”.
· Caroline Freund, Senior Fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics, Washington
· Johannes Laitenberger, Director General DG COMP, European Commission, Brussels
· Andreas Mundt ICN Chair and President of the Bundeskartellamt, Berlin
· Paul Lugard, Baker Botts, Chair of the ICC Commission on Competition, Brussels,
· Ana L. Revenga, Deputy Chief Economist of the WBG, Washington DC
Enforcement authority speakers invited include:
· Tembinkosi Bonakele, Commissioner, Competition Commission of South Africa
· Esteban Greco, President, Commission for the Defense of Competition of Argentina
· Margarida Matos Rosa, President, Portuguese Competition Authority
· Alejandra Palacios, President Mexican Federal Competition Commission
· Ivo Gagliuffi Pierechi, President Peruvian Competition Authority
· Rod Sims, Chairman Australia Competition and Consumer Commission
· Yuriy Terentyev, Chairman, Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine
Topics will include:
· Reaping competition efficiencies in global markets
· Fostering global antitrust enforcement
· Competition enforcement trends and challenges
· Compliance 2.0: agencies' and business perspective
· Elevating competition policies in economic policy agendas
The World Bank Group together with the ICC wish to invite representatives from ICN Member Agencies and observers as well as ICC affiliates to participate in this important event.
Given the restrictions in the number of attendants, the World Bank Group and the ICC will receive expressions of interest to participate until April 28th in the following link.
Final invitations will be sent by May 2nd on a personal basis in order to ensure a balanced and diverse regional and institutional representation of ICN Member Agencies and observers.
Attendants to the ICN with a different affiliation wishing to participate in this conference shall pursue registration through the IBA webpage at the following link.
We look forward to seeing you in Porto
The World Bank Group, Washington DC; Director of the Trade and Competitiveness Global Practice
Baker Botts, Brussels; Co-Chair, ICC Antitrust Committee
Hogan Lovells, Washington DC; Co-Chair, IBA Antitrust Committee
Werksmans, Johannesburg; Co-Chair, IBA Antitrust Committee