Monday, November 28, 2016
AALS Antitrust Section – Extended Deadline for Nominations re. Virtual Election for Appointment to the Executive Committee 2016
AALS Antitrust Section – Extended Deadline for Nominations re. Virtual Election for Appointment to the Executive Committee
Dear AALS Antitrust Section Membership,
Please participate in the first virtual election to appoint the newest member to the Antitrust and Economic Regulation Section (Antitrust Section) of AALS. The following link will direct you to the Antitrust Section membership page (password protected) which will direct you to the Wufoo nomination form that also explains the process in greater detail.
Here is the summary version of the relevant information:
· This election is to select the newest member of the Executive Committee.
· The Antitrust Section’s Executive Committee is comprised of 6 members. The most senior member (as defined by year of appointment to the board) serves as the Chairperson. After serving as Chairperson for one year, he/she rotates off the Executive Committee and the next most senior member becomes the new Chairperson.
· This election will occur in two phases. Phase one involves soliciting nominations and it is now extended through December 4th (Sunday). Phase two, the actual vote itself, is slated for shortly thereafter in December.
· Only faculty and administrators of member schools are eligible to hold office. Only Antitrust Section members may offer nominees or vote. The nominees must be members of the Antitrust Section before being placed on the ballot.
· The three individuals who receive the greatest number of nominations and who meet the other requirements (membership in the Antitrust Section, research/teaching interests falling squarely within field of antitrust, and who indicate a willingness to be placed on the ballot after being contacted by the Executive Committee) along with up to two additional nominees selected by the Executive Committee (who also meet the requirements) will constitute the final slate of candidates.
· Persons who previously served on the Executive Committee are ineligible for nomination. A list of those individuals is provided when you click on the Wufoo link. If you have not previously served on the Executive Committee, you may nominate yourself!
· Any questions about section membership or your AALS account credentials, please email email@example.com.
· If you have any technical questions, please contact Mr. Patrick Riley (Manager of Section Services, AALS) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Please direct any other questions or comments to Antitrust Section Chairperson Hillary Greene at email@example.com.
The Executive Committee greatly appreciates your participation in this process.
Hillary Greene, Chair
C. Scott Hemphill, Chair-Elect
Rebecca Haw Allensworth
Alan J. Meese