Friday, April 22, 2016
Join us in Toronto on May 19 as we tackle these issues and more. With the help of leading experts, including the heads of all four competition agencies in North America, the CBA Competition Law Spring Conference will explore the international dimensions of a wide range of civil compliance issues, including:
- The Competition Tribunal's forthcoming abuse of dominance decision in the re-determination of the Toronto Real Estate Board case
- Latest trends and tips in securing international merger clearance, including both competition/antitrust and CFIUS/national security reviews
- Accounting for innovation in competitive impact analysis
Plus! We are delighted to announce a discussion-style Enforcers Panel with the following distinguished speakers:
- John Pecman, Commissioner of Competition, Canadian Competition Bureau
- Edith Ramirez, Chairwoman, U.S. Federal Trade Commission
- William J. Baer, Assistant Attorney General for the Antitrust Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- Alejandra Palacios Prieto, Chair, Mexican Federal Economic Competition Commission
On-line registration is now open. To register online (credit card required), click on the REGISTER NOW button located on the right-hand side of your screen. If you wish to pay by cheque, please contact Lauren Fortier (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note, your registration will not be processed until payment has been received.
$440 + taxes ($497.20): CBA Members
$305 + taxes ($344.65): Young Lawyers (less than 5 years)
$230 + taxes ($259.90): Students
$540 + taxes ($610.20): Non-Members
There will be a 20% administrative charge for any cancellation received in writing prior to April 19, 2016. No refund will be given after April 19, 2016. There will be no refunds for "no-show" registrants.
Meeting Venue & Accommodation
Toronto Board of Trade
1 First Canadian Place
77 Adelaide Street West
Toronto, ON M5X 1C1
While there is no room block for this conference, the Sheraton Toronto Centre is located steps away from the Toronto Board of Trade. As CBA members you may be entitled to a discount as they are part of the Starwood hotel chain. Mention that you are a member and receive their preferred rate (subject to availability). Phone: (416) 361-1000 / 1-800-325-3535, or visit the Sheraton on the web: http://www.sheratontoronto.com/ for more details.