Saturday, November 18, 2023
Widener University Delaware Law School invites applications for an Associate Director of Bar Pass Programs. Reporting to the Director of Bar Pass Programs, this twelve-month, administrative position will work closely with the Director, faculty and administration to develop and implement programs to help students and alumni pass the bar examination and acquire the skills and abilities required to achieve success. Apply here.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Deliver programming for bar exam success for all students throughout their studies to maximize bar passage
- Collaborate with the Director of Bar Pass Programs to develop and revise programming for bar exam success
- Engage in student mentoring related to bar exam performance and strategies for success
- Advise students on the bar application process, including timelines and requirements
- Mentor repeat bar examinees in their exam preparation and advising them on best practices for repeating the bar exam
- Implement academic success programming and courses under guidance from the Directors of Academic Success
- Provide individual feedback and assessment to help students improve academic performance, study skills, and bar exam preparation
- Create and facilitate workshops to help students improve academic performance, study skills, and bar exam preparation
- Teach Bar Exam Success, Writing Effectively for the Bar, and other courses based on curricular needs
- Compile and analyze bar examination data relating to graduates’ performance and recommend changes to address weaknesses
- Track and mentor students during the commercial bar review periods
- Coordinate and host an in-person simulated bar exam for students during bar review
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education/training and experience required):
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school, and membership in a state bar with successful completion of a state bar examination
- Excellent project management skills, organizational skills with attention to detail, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, and a strong service commitment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships
- Works closely with the Academic Success Program Directors, helping to implement academic success programming and courses
- Evaluate and facilitate collaborative discussions with administration, faculty and students; lead efforts on data collection and assessment.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- The successful candidate will have law school professional experience, preferably in the context of a law school bar support or academic success program, and a record of strong academic performance in law school. Experience in the practice of law is also preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Position requires some evening teaching availability, up to 3 nights a week, depending on the semester
- Availability for exam proctoring, which may occasionally fall on a weekend.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Widener University is committed to fostering an inclusive community in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or status as a protected veteran.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.