Sunday, November 6, 2022
Elon is seeking a Director of its Bar Exam Success program. You can find the posting here.
|Summary of Position||
Elon Law School’s Office of Academic Success programming is premised on the idea that instruction in the basic skills needed to navigate law school, coupled with individualized feedback and support, can significantly enhance students’ academic and life-long success. The Director works with students seeking to improve academic performance and supports the administrative components of the program. The Director also performs other functions essential to promoting student success in law school and furthering the success and growth of the institution.
The Candidate must have a J.D. or degree from an ABA-approved law school. Successful completion of a bar exam and a member in good standing of the bar. Experience in academic and bar support work and a record of academic success. Superior written and oral communication skills. Enthusiasm for working with students and the ability to work with diverse populations of students, faculty and administrators. Experience with online teaching.
|Length of Experience||
The Candidate must have 2-4 years of relevant experience, with preference given to applicants who have experience in developing and directing academic support programs.
|Supervisory Experience Detail||
This position has supervisor responsibilitites.
|Special Skills or Experience||
• Designing and teaching the required Bar Exam Foundations course.
• Supporting the Associate Dean in the collection and assessment of bar performance data; evaluating related statistics to share with faculty and the administration.
• Managing the Mentoring Program for first time and repeat bar takers.
• Managing post-graduation bar programing.
• Managing 2L Bar Edge.
• Developing programs to support students/graduates of color and first generation.
• Working with students individually.
• Teaching courses in the OAS curriculum live, synchronous or asynchronous.
• Recruit members of the Law School faculty and staff as needed to participate in teaching and mentoring.
• Collaborate with the Associate Dean and the Director of Academic Success Programs in designing courses and programs and maximizing the use of resources.
• Service on Law School committees and attendance at faculty meetings.