Sunday, June 26, 2022
The Legal Writing Prof. Blog advertised a conference some of you may be interested in. The Global Legal Skills Conference Committee is organizing a series of three virtual workshops to help raise awareness about how the war in Ukraine is impacting legal skills education in that country and to provide a platform to discuss ways we can help our Ukrainian colleagues through collaboration and networking.
Each session will be two hours long -- an hour of presentation followed by an hour of discussion in break out rooms.
First Session: WHAT THE GLS COMMUNITY CAN LEARN FROM OUR UKRAINIAN COLLEAGUES AND HOW WE CAN HELP THEM
DATE/TIME: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. CDT.
Click here to locate the specific day and time for your time zone.
Plenary session will feature:
- Artem Shaipov, Legal Advisor/Team Lead for Legal Education Reform, USAID Justice for All Activity in Ukraine
- Serhiy Riznyk, Vice-Rector for Research, Teaching, and International Cooperation at Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Ukraine
- Prof. Dmytro Boichuk, Head of the Center for Legal Education Quality Assurance at the Yaroslav Mudryi National Law University in Kharkiv, Ukraine
- Mariia Tsypiashchuk, Board Member of the Association of Legal Clinics of Ukraine, Head of the Pro Bono Legal Clinic of the National University of Ostroh Academy,Ukraine
- Adil Abduramanov, President of the European Law Students’ Association in Ukraine.
Follow-up workshops will take place at the same time on:
- Thursday, July 28, 2022
- Friday, August 26, 2022
Attendance at each online session will be limited to 100 people, but a recording of the plenary presentations will be made available for those who cannot attend.
Please click here to register for the series.