Friday, March 4, 2022
Roger Williams University School of Law
Adjunct Professor of Bar Support
- Summary of the Position
The Adjunct Professor of Bar Support will work with the Associate Director of Bar Support and the Director of Academic Excellence to assist students as they prepare for the bar exam. In Fall 2022, the Adjunct Professor of Bar Support will teach the law school’s mandatory, 3-credit, institutional bar preparation course, Applied Legal Reasoning (ALR). In ALR, the Adjunct Professor of Bar Support will provide instruction in all areas of the bar exam, including the Multistate Bar Examination (MBE), the Multistate Essay Examination (MEE), and the Multistate Performance Test (MPT). The Fall 2022 enrollment in the course is approximately twenty (20) students. The course can be taught either in person or online.
The Adjunct Professor of Bar Support will also be responsible for holding weekly office hours to:
- Provide one-on-one bar exam counseling to students.
- Review and critique student practice writing and provide feedback on student performance in the course.
- Assist with bar exam application completion and applications for bar exam accommodations.
Essential/Preferred Job Requirements:
- J.D. Required.
- Licensed and member of good standing with a state bar.
- Working knowledge of the Uniform Bar Exam.
- Prior teaching experience.
- Experience with adult learning from diverse backgrounds.
- Prior experience with academic support and bar preparation preferred.
- Prior experience with legal pedagogy and learning disabilities preferred.
- Online or hybrid teaching experience preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interface professionally with administration, faculty, and students; works collaboratively with others.
- Ability to develop rapport, trust, and confidence with students and provide individual counseling in a professional and respectful manner.
- Significant administrative, interpersonal, communication, time-management, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Ability to efficiently and thoroughly complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Interested applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Brittany Raposa at email@example.com. Please submit your application materials by April 1, 2022.