Saturday, November 20, 2021
- Touro Law Center seeks an enthusiastic candidate with superior academic credentials to join our Academic Excellence and Bar Success Department. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, detail-oriented, and intellectually curious team player who is committed to the Touro Law Center mission, law teaching and learning excellence, and is eager to engage with students throughout law school and bar exam preparation.
- This is a full-time professional staff position. The candidate who is selected will report to the Asst. Dean of Academic Excellence & Bar Success Programs and will work collaboratively within the Department and with other law school faculty and staff to promote student success in law school and on the bar exam. Work will include but is not limited to: teaching in-person and online courses and workshops, counseling and mentoring students regarding academic excellence and bar success developing, updating content, creating and tracking assessments within an online learning management system, gathering and analyzing data and other work to advance academic excellence and bar exam success. Evening and sometimes weekend availability is necessary.
- Counsel, teach, and mentor law students individually and in groups
- Work with others in the department to develop and implement workshops and course content
- Assist in the gathering and analysis of data relevant to academic and bar success outcomes
- Become knowledgeable and stay current with all aspects of the bar exam and all other requirements for licensure in NY
- Assist in maintaining records associated with the law school’s academic and bar success programs
- Grade and provide extensive feedback on numerous formative and summative assessments
- Communicate professionally and effectively to students, faculty, staff, and alumni
- Other duties related to academic and bar success as assigned by the Asst. Dean of Academic Excellence & Bar Success Programs.
- Juris Doctor degree with a record of high academic achievement from an ABA-accredited law school
- Must be admitted to the bar in at least one United States jurisdiction.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
- Committed to excellence and continuous improvement in law school teaching and learning
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Touro Law Center mission and to legal education
- Team player who can work collaboratively with others
- Self-starter who can demonstrate initiative and work well independently.
- Ability to work both in person and online and sometimes during evenings and weekends.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and interpersonal communication
- Excellent organizational skills are essential
- Technology fluency; knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office, Zoom, or other distance communications tools, Canvas or a similar online learning management systems, social media,and other technology experience
- Experience working with statistics and data is not required but will be an asset to the position as will experience with video and audio recording and editing