Wednesday, September 29, 2021
The AALS Section on Academic Support is seeking nominations for two awards.
Legacy in Leadership Award. This award is given to a person who is a senior member of our discipline and has made outstanding contributions to the academic support profession throughout their career, including building and evolving the discipline of academic support.
Trailblazer Award. This award is given to a person who is inspiring change in the academic support profession today and catapulting us forward to a stronger tomorrow.
To be eligible for an award, the nominee must have made significant and/or long-term contributions to the development of the field of law student academic support, through any combination of the following activities:
- service to the profession and to professional institutions—e.g., advocacy with the NCBE or assumption of leadership roles in the academic support community;
- support to and mentoring of academic support colleagues;
- support to and mentoring of students;
- promoting diversity in the profession and expanding access to the legal profession; and
- developing ideas or innovations—whether disseminated through academic writing, newsletters, conference presentations, or over the listserv.
All legal educators, regardless of the nature or longevity of their appointment or position, who have at some point in their careers worked part-time or full-time in academic support are eligible for the award. Law schools, institutions, or organizations cannot receive an award. Prior year or current year Section officers are excluded from being selected as an award winner.
Please submit nominations by October 25th, 5pm EST, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The nomination should include a letter that describes why the section member should be honored. You can submit a nomination for one, or both, awards.