Friday, July 16, 2021
Loyola University Chicago School of Law is seeking applications for the Assistant Director of Academic Success and Bar Programs. The Assistant Director of Academic Success and Bar Programs (Assistant Director) will work under the supervision of the Director of Academic Success and Bar Programs (Director). Together both parties will manage the day-to-day operations of Loyola Law’s Academic Success and Bar preparation program. The main goal of the Academic Success Program is to develop and deliver programs to promote the academic success of students from matriculation, throughout law school, and as they prepare to enter the legal profession. This includes programming and support for students during pre-orientation, orientation, the three years of law school, and bar prep. The Assistant Director will work under the supervision of the Director of Academic Success and Bar Programs.
To apply please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae or resume to Director of Academic Success and Bar Programs, Melissa Hale, at email@example.com.
Primary Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Counsel individual students to help them improve study and exam-taking skills, specifically those students who may be at risk. • Assist in overseeing the First Year Academic Tutors
• Assist in developing and teaching academic support program for first year second semester students. • Providing individual academic counseling to all students and alumni preparing for the bar • Researching and implementing the most current best practices for bar preparation • Serving on the Bar Exam Success Committee
• Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge about academic support and bar preparation programs, techniques, and methods.
• Track student success and academic performance for students in academic difficulty and at-risk students.
• Assist with supplemental bar prep program
• Assist with collection and organization of data for long-term assessment of: (a) student participation in Academic and Bar Success programming and course offerings, (b) individual student academic and bar exam performance, and (c) Loyola University Chicago School of Law retention and bar passage rates.
• Perform other duties in support of the Academic and Bar Success program as assigned by the Director
• Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA-accredited law school; successful passage of a Bar Exam.
• Have been licensed in any state for a minimum of 2-3 years.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
• Interest in and enthusiasm for helping students build the skills necessary for law school and bar success.
• Individual must be a self-starter and demonstrate a sound work ethic.
• Must be able to function independently with minimal oversight.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Intermediate level computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Strong legal writing, research, and analysis skills.
• Strong communication and public speaking skills.
• Commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive community.
• Ability to identify methods to enhance learning for multiple learning styles.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise sound, ethical, and professional judgment.
• Proficient in compiling and analyzing data for statistical analysis.
• Some evening and weekend work necessary based on program and student needs.