Saturday, June 5, 2021
You are invited to a virtual book conference—Law Teaching Strategies for a New Era: Beyond the Physical Classroom—on July 22, 2021 from 11 am EDT to 5:30 pm. You can register for the conference here: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=y6oeipdab&oeidk=a07ehz3lyg07d8392cb. You can read more about the book here.
The abrupt move to online legal education in Spring 2020 accelerated the move to online legal education that has been slowing gathering steam in recent years. As more institutions consider the potential to expand their reach with online courses and programs, law professors must move past “pandemic teaching” and seriously consider how they can create and deliver quality legal education online. Law Teaching Strategies for a New Era: Beyond the Physical Classroom, the first comprehensive book on online legal education, explores techniques, tools, and strategies that can assist all types of law professors in that endeavor.
The conference will feature five panels that explore the future of the legal profession and offer practical tips on creating effective online courses:
- Panel 1—The Future of Law Practice: Moderated by noted legal blogger David Lat, this panel will feature practitioners and judges discussing the future of virtual law practice.
- Panel 2—Becoming the Law School of the Future: This panel will discuss how law schools can prepare for long-term online learning.
- Panel 3—Designing the Law Courses of the Future: This panel will offer attendees practical tips for designing courses for online delivery.
- Panel 4—The 1L & Doctrinal Curriculum in a New Era: This panel will offer tips from professors who successfully converted their 1L and large doctrinal classes to an online platform.
- Panel 5—The Upper-level Curriculum in a New Era: This panel will offer tips from professors who successfully converted their experiential classes to an online platform.