Sunday, January 13, 2019
Kent Lollis at LSAC recently alerted the listserv to a part-time opening at CLEO. More information about CLEO can be found at https://cleoinc.org/ .
Part-time Academic and Bar Passage Consultant
Council on Legal Education Opportunity, Inc
$25,000 / year
Brief Description of Duties
The Academic and Bar Passage Consultant assists the CLEO team in all aspects of their Bar Passage programs for CLEO law students and those preparing for the bar examination. Most of the activities will be conducted via webinars and videoconferencing. Hours will vary depending on the time of year and student needs. This is a 12-month position that includes academic support and bar preparation activities for incoming students, current students, and CLEO alumni.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct three 1L Prep – Attitude Is Essential online workshops in the summer for incoming law students;
- Carry out Academic Success Webinar in the fall for first-year law students;
- Assist 1L students to prepare for exams as needed;
- Coordinate and implement diagnostic bar examinations for incoming students in the fall and for current students at the end of the spring semester;
- Organize and execute the spring semester bar passage webinars for 1Ls, 2Ls, and 3Ls.
- Manage a bar passage program for alumni;
- Provide individual counseling and tutoring to students as needed;
- Other duties related to academic support, success, retention, and bar passage as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Applicants must possess a juris doctorate (J.D.) degree with a record of high academic achievement from an ABA-accredited law school. Applicants must also be a member in good standing of any bar in the United States.
- The ideal candidate should have experience in academic support or teaching, at the college or law school level.
- Evening and weekend work is required.
- Excellent social media and information technology skills.
- Excellent writing, speaking, interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the CLEO mission of assisting students from underrepresented communities become successful legal practitioners.
- Ability to exercise initiative and creativity in implementing responsibilities.
- Dedication to students, commitment to excellence in creating and providing student support services and ensuring student success.
- Commitment to working in a collaborative environment with other team members.