Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Hello Academic Support Professors:
Even though we just concluded the conference in New York City, the AASE executive committee is already looking to identify possible conference venues for 2018. To identify the pool of possibilities, we are asking for your help. If you have an interest in hosting the 2018 AASE annual conference at your school, will you please let us know?
This is a formal request for proposals. The deadline to submit proposals is July 15, 2016. Interested academic support professors should let us know the answers to the following questions:
(1) Do you have large room capacity–i.e., the ability to have as many as 175 people meeting together in a single room–for plenary sessions? (The room must be available in late May, which may rule out schools that already have made commitments for other conferences or for bar review lectures.)
(2) Are there smaller rooms available for breakout sessions?
(3) What are the general technical features (e.g., projectors/audio/wifi) in the building?
(4) How easily can your school be accessed from airports and other public transportation?
(5) Have you ever hosted a conference before (local, regional, or national)? Please identify the conference(s) you hosted. (Prior hosting experience is not required.)
Please respond directly to Jamie Kleppetsch, who can be reached at [email protected].
Thanks in advance for responding!
The AASE Executive Committee
Jamie Kleppetsch, President