Thursday, October 29, 2015
Associate Director of Academic Support
Ohio Northern University College of Law
Associate Director of Academic Support. Rank dependent upon qualifications. 12 month appointment with eligibility for continuing appointment
Be an integral part of the Academic Support Program (ASP) at Ohio Northern University College of Law; provide academic assistance for all students to improve essay writing, reading comprehension, issue spotting, and legal analysis skills; meet individually with academic at-risk students in the 1L and 2L classes or any student by request or upon recommendation by professor; host weekly essay success sessions open to all 1L students; teach one academic support based course each term; provide academic assistance and host weekly ASP sessions in the Summer Starter Program; provide input on issues such as academic assessment and data evaluation of student performance.
- Strong writing, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with groups of students
- A JD from an ABA accredited law school with strong grades
- Admission to a state bar
- At least one year prior experience working in academic support in an ABA accredited law school, which included individual counseling of students
- Familiarity with outcomes based assessment
- Ability to think critically and innovatively about measuring student academic progress
Competitive salary, dependent on experience and qualifications. Fringe benefits include TIAA-CREF retirement program, medical insurance, disability benefits, life insurance, and tuition remission for dependents.
Ohio Northern University is a 143 year old, coeducational, residential university related to the United Methodist Church. In addition to law, the university has colleges of arts and sciences, business, engineering, and pharmacy. The university is located 15 miles east of Lima and Just over an hour from Columbus, Dayton, Fort Wayne, and Toledo. The Pettit College of Law has a 129 year history at the university and is a small College of 218 full-time students, three-fourths of whom come from outside Ohio. The law college is accredited by the ABA and an AALS member
All applications must be submitted online at https://jobs.onu.edu/postings/3241. EOE