Friday, May 1, 2015
The John Marshall Law School is restructuring the Academic Achievement Program and seeks two Academic Achievement Specialists who will work with the Director and Associate Director of the program under the supervision of the Associate Dean for Experiential Learning. It is anticipated that one specialist will enhance the design of the Expert Learning course, which provides guidance regarding the challenges of the first year of law school. This specialist will also work with professors of first year courses to integrate the course into doctrinal courses. This specialist will design and teach in a new program, the Advanced Learning Labs in coordination with professors of second year courses. It is anticipated that the second specialist will teach in bar preparation courses for credit and bar preparation programs for students both in their final semester and during their two months of intensive bar preparation. This specialist will also design new bar preparation programs.
- J.D. from an ABA-approved law school with an excellent academic record and bar passage, preferably in Illinois.
- Law school experience preferred, either in an academic achievement program or as an adjunct professor.
- Superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organizational and judgmental abilities.
- Commitment to working with a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to work under pressure and evenings and weekends as needed.
- Sensitivity to students with disabilities and multicultural backgrounds.
- Some knowledge of law school academic support and willingness to learn the approach at The John Marshall Law School.
- Willingness to attend and develop relationships at regional and national bar support meetings.
- General knowledge of intellectual technology and willingness to master new developments.
Note: As these are new positions, other job related duties and responsibilities may be assigned, and the job description may change as the needs of the Academic Achievement Program change.
Submit cover letter, resume, and three recommendations on or before application deadline on June 30, 2015, or when the position is filled. Start date scheduled for August 1, 2015. Personal interviews will take place at The John Marshall Law School, 315 S Plymouth Court, Chicago, IL 60604. Submit application to the attention of Associate Dean Anthony Niedwiecki.