Sunday, December 13, 2009
SEALS Call for Papers
Law Professors - The Southeastern Association of Law Schools (SEALS) has a call for papers -
CALL FOR PAPERS
A roundtable discussion will be held at SEALS 2010 on "Re-evaluating Corporate Criminal Liability."
Among the questions that deserve focus in this area are the following:
- Should we discard corporate criminal liability?
- Should we expand corporate criminal liability?
- Should we modify the ALI standard for corporate criminal liability?
- Can tort actions properly accommodate corporate misconduct?
- Is corporate regulation sufficient to handle corporate misconduct?
Participants will prepare a paper of approximately ten pages related to this topic, and the papers will be distributed prior to SEALS 2010. At SEALS, each of the participants will be given a few minutes to summarize their paper, which will be followed by a moderated discussion on the topic.
Two of the participants in this roundtable will be selected from a Call for Papers that will be reviewed by Professor Joan Heminway (Tennessee), Professor Andrew Taslitz (Howard), and Professor Ellen S. Podgor (Stetson).
Papers must be received by January 1st to be considered for this Roundtable. You are welcome to submit an abstract by this deadline, but papers are more likely to be given stronger consideration. Submit all papers to Ellen S. Podgor at firstname.lastname@example.org