Sunday, March 12, 2006
Indictments of leaders and former leaders seems to be the "in thing" these days. Just look at some of the recent indictments here in the United States:
- Former Atlanta Mayor Bill Campbell who was only convicted of tax charges despite an attempt by prosecutors to convict him on racketeering and bribery charges;
- The jury is out on Former Illinois Governor Ryan;
- Former Louisiana Governor Edwin Edwards convicted on corruption charges;
- Then there is former Governor John Rowland;
- Duke Cunningham;
- And we certainly can't forget "Scooter" Libby.
And there are others. But this is not unique to the United States it seems. The Wall Street Jrl reports here that Italian prosecutors are seeking the indictment of Premier Silvio Berlusconi on corruption charges.
I guess it is good to know that this is not just a U.S. thing.