Wednesday, June 13, 2018
The National Business Institute is holding a 2-day conference entitled, Estate Administration Boot Camp, on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 -Thursday, June 21, 2018, at Holiday Inn Colorado Springs Airport in Colorado Springs, Colorado. A description of the event is provided below:
Everything You Need to Know about Effectively Administering an Estate
Are you fully confident in your knowledge of the latest court and tax rules and the most effective transfer tools to ensure each client's estate is laid to rest according to the decedent's wishes, with minimal tax burden? This comprehensive 2-day instruction will give you all the skills you need to administer estates that include trusts and/or business interests without a hitch. Register today!
- Don't miss any crucial notice and filing requirements when opening the estate - learn what must be done right away.
- Get helpful forms and checklists that will help you in administration.
- Understand how income and estate tax deductions interact and find the most advantageous way to structure the tax returns
- Learn how to use disclaimers more effectively.
- Clarify what must be done when the trust becomes irrevocable.
- Protect your professional reputation with a practical legal ethics guide focused on trusts and estates practice.
- Prevent mistakes in final petition and ensure each estate is closed quickly and without disputes.
Who Should Attend
This two-day, basic level seminar is designed for:
- Tax Professionals
- Financial Planners
- Trust Officers/Administrators/Managers
- Forms of Administration and When They are Used
- First Steps and Notices, Executor Duties, Opening the Estate
- Key Intestacy Laws You Must Know
- Marshalling the Assets
- Spouse Elective Share and Disclaimers
- Trusts that Affect Estate Administration
- Legal Ethics in Estate Administration
- Income Tax Returns
- Portability and Estate, Gift, GST Taxes
- Handling Distributions
- Business Interests in Estate Administration
- Handling Debts and Claims Against the Estate
- Closing the Estate and Final Accounting
- Estate and Trust Contests, Disputes, Challenges
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 14.00 *
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 1.20
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants/NASBA: 14.00 ** denotes specialty credits