Wednesday, May 16, 2018
The National Business Institute is holding a conference entitled, Top Estate Planning Techniques, which will take place on Monday, June 11, 2018 at the Holiday Inn Princeton in Princeton, New Jersey. Provided below is a description of the event:
Focus Your Efforts on Techniques That Work
This engaging course will take you through the basics of estate planning and beyond with old and new techniques that our attendees have voted to be the most effective in their practice. Find out what makes these estate planning tools "superstars" and gain practical tips for maximizing their uses. Enroll today!
- A simple will remains one of the most effective tools in estate planning - learn how to phrase it to maximize its effectiveness.
- Gain practical tips for drafting legally defensible transaction agreements to make sure the gifts are properly documented.
- Help your client transfer a business to beneficiaries without diminishing its value or surrendering too much control.
- Protect yourself with thorough knowledge of laws and regulations governing the actions of fiduciaries.
- Learn why it's important to know when to file the tax return for grantor trusts.
- Determine whether a client qualifies as a beneficiary of a special needs trust and gain tips for drafting one.
- Don't reinvent the wheel - modify our sample trust documents to create airtight qualified personal residence trusts.
- Maximize your asset protection: learn how to make sure all your clients' assets are accounted for in the trust documents.
- Create clear final instructions and last wishes to lift the burden of funeral planning from heirs.
- Use spendthrift language in ILITs to limit the ability of beneficiaries to assign interest and creditors to make demands on the trustees to pay the debts of beneficiaries.
Who Should Attend
This basic level seminar offers an overview of the best practices in estate planning and will benefit:
- Financial planners
- Accountants and CPAs
- Tax Professionals
- Trust officers
- Annual Exclusion Gifting
- Tax and Estate Planning for Pension and IRA Assets
- Grantor Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
- Business Entities
- Special Needs Trusts
- Top Post-Mortem Planning Techniques
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal EducationCredit Hrs State
CLE 8.00 - NJ
CLE 8.00 - NY*
CLE 6.50 - PA
Financial Planners – Financial Planners: 8.00
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 0.70
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants/NASBA: 8.00 *
Professional Achievement in Continuing Education – PACE: 8.00
* denotes specialty credits