Monday, May 14, 2018
The National Business Institute is holding a conference entitled, The Probate Process from Start to Finish, which will take place Monday, May 21, 2018 at the Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport in Norfolk, Virginia. Provided below is a description of the event:
Your Fundamental Guide to Probate
So your client wants you to handle a probate case - do you know where to start? Do you know the proper procedures to use, as well as the law? At this seminar, our experienced faculty will give you detailed, step-by-step information to confidently and ably navigate the system. Gain the confidence you need to reach a favorable outcome for your client when litigating in estate administration. Enroll today!
- Get a step-by-step walkthrough of a probate case complete with practice tips from seasoned practitioners.
- Implement a complete estate timetable in order to know what needs to be done - and when.
- Effectively guide the executor and the administrator through their various duties.
- Avoid problems arising from creditors' claims and insolvency with our powerful strategies.
- Know the secrets to confidently handling a spouse's elective share.
- Forestall disagreements between beneficiaries: adhere to the guidelines of precedence in case of intestacy.
- Follow thorough closing procedures so accounting is complete before distribution takes place.
Who Should Attend
This basic level seminar will provide those who have limited probate experience with tips on successfully handling a probate case. This comprehensive seminar will benefit:
- Tax preparers
- Trust officers
- Financial planners
- Estate planners
- Taking the First Step: Opening Estate Administration
- Understanding the Role of the Personal Representative in Probate
- Managing the Inventory
- Administering the Estate Effectively
- Maintaining an Ethical Balance in Probate Practice
- Determining if Spouse's Elective Share is a Reasonable Option
- Uncovering the Laws of Intestacy and How They May Apply
- Putting the Case to Rest: Closing the Estate
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 7.00 *
Financial Planners – Financial Planners: 8.00
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 0.70
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.50 *
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants/NASBA: 8.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA
Professional Achievement in Continuing Education – PACE: 8.00 *
* denotes specialty credits